Safe Place Bronze Award Training3rd Apr | 9:45 am
Empowering organisations to recognise and respond to domestic violence or abuse.
You are invited to take part in training facilitated by ONUS to become a Bronze Workplace Charter Organisation on the 3rd April from 9:45am – 12:45 at Lagan Valley Vineyard – 1C Altona Business Park, Altona Road, Lisburn, BT27 5QB.
As a ‘Safe Employer’ you will commit to the following:
- 1. We will support the Safe Place Campaign Pledge: never to commit, condone or stay silent about domestic violence or abuse.
- 2. We will acknowledge that domestic violence or abuse are problems that impact on all of us as a society, and will be prepared to play our part in supporting anyone affected.
- 3. We will provide a Safe Place for anyone affected by domestic violence or abuse to confidentially access information and make it clear that abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
- 4. We will ensure that we can effectively respond to disclosures of abuse and how to seek support. (Mandatory training Tier 1)
- 5. We will ensure anyone affected by domestic violence or abuse will not be disadvantaged within the terms and conditions of their employment and will take all reasonable measures to facilitate any needs in the workplace.
- 6. We will commit to raising awareness of support in the community and to engaging with other organisations to facilitate best practice.