- This event has passed.
Safe Place. Safe Employer3rd Apr | 9:45 am
Empowering you to recognise and respond to domestic abuse in your place of work.
You are invited to take part in training facilitated by ONUS to become a Bronze Workplace Charter Organisation on the 3rd April from 9:45am – 12:45 at Lagan Valley Vineyard – 1C Altona Business Park, Altona Road, Lisburn, BT27 5QB.
As a Safe Place your premises can display the Safe Place logo which indicates that information on services for victims of domestic abuse is available. This is a simple step for your organisation. Signing up to the Safe Place scheme does not mean that businesses have to do anything beyond signposting people to the appropriate services. Onus will provide information and support to all who sign up to become a Safe Place. This training provides you with awareness and some simple tools. Whether you are an employer or an employee, staff, volunteer or trustee this training can empower you in your role to help your organisation recognise and respond to domestic abuse.
As a ‘Safe Employer’ you will be empowered to:
- 1. Support the Safe Place Campaign Pledge: never to commit, condone or stay silent about domestic violence or abuse.
- 2. Acknowledge that domestic violence or abuse are problems that impact on all of us as a society, and will be prepared to play our part in supporting anyone affected.
- 3. Provide a Safe Place for anyone affected by domestic violence or abuse to confidentially access information and make it clear that abuse of any kind will not be tolerated.
- 4. Ensure that we can effectively respond to disclosures of abuse and how to seek support.
- 5. Ensure anyone affected by domestic violence or abuse will not be disadvantaged within the terms and conditions of their employment and will take all reasonable measures to facilitate any needs in the workplace.
- 6. Equipped in raising awareness of support in the community and to engaging with other organisations to facilitate best practice.